Saturday, June 2, 2007

Saturday in the Park!

We spent yesterday and some of today walking around the city, looking at beautiful churches and buildings (I've posted some new pictures of what we've seen). Today, we took the metro to attended a seminar with Ben's leadership center students. A buddhist monk (who is here from Switzerland) lead a discussion about various topics. Hunter took several pages of notes.
The metro costs about fifty cents each way. A great way to travel here! The escalators and rail system are incredibly fast, bordering on a Disney ride! :)
Sara and I found a great salon yesterday and got pedicures--after all that walking around, we needed them. (I got russian red!) While I was there, I discovered they have massages for $20 an hour! Who could refuse that? Not me! ;)
Tomorrow, we will pack up and head to Zephorizhia by train. Sergei will go with us to help us find lodging and translate while we are there. If all goes well, he will get the paperwork done in the local court system. We are excited to ride the train, although it will be at night, so we won't see much of the country side. It's about a 10-hour train ride. We will miss our 2-bedroom flat and the Reynolds. They will be going to a different orphanage in "Nepro" to meet their son.
Will post more after we get to Zephorizhia!
Happy Birthday, Lester! :)
Blessings to you all. We love reading all your comments..they have helped us feel at "home" everytime we read a new one.
Love, lauri and hunter

1 comment:

deb said...

Yahooooooooooooo! I am thrilled for you THREE!! I have been behind in my email so I just now checked your blog and I am sooo excited about your news!! Can't wait to meet her and talk to you guys soon! What a lucky and blessed girl she is! YOU ARE MOMMY and DADDY!! WOW!! God is good! Love you, Deb